The purpose of analytical studies is to investigate the excesses of certain diseases in certain populations and to analyze the role of factors likely to influence the incidence of these problems. They aim to compare exposed individuals, some of whom have the pathology they wish to study, for example a type of cancer, with others who are not. The researchers are looking for different epidemiology research topics in the community epidemiology which are also an important element of the integrated approach.
Healthcare associated infections cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars every year. The West Virginia Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) Plan was created with the assistance of our multidisciplinary advisory group. The plan was created as a roadmap to prevent HAI’s in West Virginia. wvidep.org is the right place to get all health information you need.
West Virginia Healthcare Associated Infections Plan
West Virginia Healthcare Associated Infections Multidisciplinary Advisory Group Membership.
West Virginia Healthcare Association
- Within 24 hours to local health department
- Rabies Control Guide (DC4) (2009)
Current Case Definition
- CDC Case Definition: Human Rabies
- CDC Case Definition: Animal Rabies
- General Case Investigation Form
- Lab Form
- Information for Workers Performing Brainstem Extraction for Active Surveillance
- Rabies Oral Vaccination Project
- Summary of Post-Exposure Prophylaxis Treatment for Persons Not Previously Immunized
- Rabies: Protect Yourself! Protect Your Animals! Know the Facts!
- Laboratory-confirmed animal rabies cases, West Virginia,2010
- Comparison of 2008, 2009 and 2010 Rabies Surveillance
- Map of Animals Tested 2010
- West Virginia Rabies Surveillance data from 1999-2009
- Rabies in West Virgninia Historical Data by species and county
Archived Rabies Surveillance Data
- National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians Compendium of Animal Rabies Prevention & Control, 2008
- MMWR, Human Rabies Prevention – United States, 2008
- CDC: National Center for Infectious Diseases, Rabies Website
- Rabies Vaccine: What You Need to Know
- Rabies Antibody Testing Rapid Fluorescent Focus Inhibition