A Guide for WV Local Health Departments
- Steps for Managing a Disease Report
- Quick Reference Guide Sheet
For additional information on reporting disease call the Infectious Disease Epidemiology Program at (304) 558-5358.
What diseases need to be reported in West Virginia?
- Color-Coded Chart for Physicians, Providers and Laboratories Combined
- Black & White Chart for Physicians and Providers Only
- Black & White Chart for Laboratories Only
What is the law on reporting disease and confidentiality in West Virginia?
- Current information concerning West Virginia Title 64 Legislative Rule, known as the West Virginia Reportable Disease Rule
- West Virginia Reportable Disease Manual Protocols and Investigation Forms
- Information concerning the HIPAA Privacy Rule, and how it relates to reportable diseases, events, and conditions in West Virginia
Why do case investigation?
- Information on investigating cases of infectious disease
- CDC Case Definitions
- WV Reportable Disease Card, “Yellow Card”