West Virginia Bureau for Public Health gives you an explanation for how to distinguish the Descriptive and Analytic Epidemiology.
The descriptive epidemiological study aims to describe the health status of a population by quantifying the importance of health problems. Its objective is to measure, in a population over a period, the frequency of a pathology, the number of new cases of this pathology or the number of deaths related to the pathology (it is called mortality).
Streptococcal Disease, Invasive Group B
- Within 1 week to local health department
- Streptococcus Group B Protocol
Current Case Definition
- IDEP Case Definition
- WVEDSS Invasive Bacterial Disease (Streptococcus Group B) Case Report
- Invasive Bacterial Disease (Streptococcus Group B) Case Report PDF
- WV Office of Laboratory Services Transport Guidelines for Fastidious Organisms
- West Virginia Group B Strep surveillance data from 1997-2006
- CDC Information: Group B
- CDC MMWR: Prevention of Perinatal Group B Streptococcal Disease, Revised Guideline